Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turning things around


Well, I have been hard at work these last few weeks removing all the old hoses, wiring, sea strainers, seacocks, etc., so I can paint the bilge. A clean, well maintained bilge is important on a boat. Leaks are readily apparent, the space is brighter and easier to work in, and it just looks good. So, everything is coming out. I am filling all the old screw holes with thickened epoxy, as I will be re-routing most of the plumbing and wring on the boat. Sea Ray does an "ok" job with this, but not up to custom boat builder standards, which is where I intend to be when this is done. Today's pictures show the beginnings of the bilge refinishing. As you can see, the mufflers, muffler supports, batteries, prop shafts, and rudders have been removed from the boat, and the painting has begun. I will be posting a bit more often now, since things have gotten rolling.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm excited to see how this project unfolds. It looks like you do amazing work with alot of attention to detail! Best wishes. Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I hope you find the blog useful. I know we will be covering a lot of ground!

    ReplyDelete