Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ablative Paint - and it's done!

     Finally, I am done painting the bottom. Five coats of barrier (Interprotect 2000E from Interlux), followed by three coats of Micron Extra (also Interlux) copolymer ablative antifouling paint. There's nothing glamorous about the job - just painstaking work. But now that it's done, I can get back to the engine room and mechanical systems. I will be installing the cutlass bearings in the struts, running the new cooling lines to the shaft seals, running fuel lines, and generally preparing for the engine installations. In the meantime, here are a few shots of the finished bottom:



     You may have noticed that the trim tabs were removed from the boat. I am modifying the tabs for improved lift, since the factory tabs on the 340s of this vintage are generally recognized as undersized. I'll discuss those changes as soon as I have them completed. Now if only I didn't have to eat and sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment