The floors are complete, finally. I have about 3 weeks into this project, with a total time investment of about 60-80 hours. There are a total of 13 teak trim pieces, each custom fitted. Before they were installed, I leveled the floor with an epoxy compound. The cabin floors on boats are not usually very flat, since the factory installs a carpet when they are done, and that can hide a variety of ills. Fiberglass tabbing, variations in laminate thickness, and other factors all contribute to uneven flooring. Since grinding the high spots can potentially weaken the structure, I decided to fill the low spots instead. It's a painstaking process, but the results are worth it.
Once the deck is prepared for the new flooring, I used a low strength adhesive, and bonded down each piece. The flooring is custom fitted - one section at a time. There are no straight lines or 90 degree corners on a boat, so it makes for a slow fitment. The adhesive is flexible, and if I ever need to get the floor up, it will lift, with a bit of persuasion. Hopefully, that day will never come.
These pics were taken just after the flooring was complete, so the rest of the interior is a bit of a mess. I wish I had a better camera - the pictures don't do the floor justice at all.